Store your tyres, precautions
Storage warehouse. Correct storage of agricultural tyres means they must be kept: in a clean state, in a dry, ventilated, well aired room...
Correct storage of agricultural tyres means they must be kept:
- in a clean state, in a dry, ventilated, well aired room
- away from direct sunlight
- away from a source of ozone (electric motor, transformer, arc welding unit, etc.)
- away from any chemicals, solvents or hydrocarbons liable to affect the nature of the rubber
- away from any object that might penetrate the rubber (pointed or sharp metal objects)
Keep away from flames or incandescent bodies.
During storage periods, store agricultural tyres and inner tubes so as to avoid any deformation due to tension or crushing; keep them mounted and inflated if stacked, remove as much ballast as possible from wheels mounted onto vehicles and overinflate by 6 psi compared to the usage pressure.
Never store loose farm tyres or complete tractor wheels that have been removed from a vehicle directly in contact with the ground.
Ese protective gloves for handling.
- Never heat, weld or braze a rim or wheel with the tyre fitted.
- Always remove the ag tyre from the rim before an operation of any kind.
- Use the Michelin inflation table to correctly define your agricultural tyre pressure
- Underinflation causes excess deformation of the casing and will lead to the tyre being prematurely taken out of service.
- Overinflation reduces the ground contact surface, causing loss of grip and making the tyre more liable to impact and cuts.
- If loads are under those indicated in our pressure load tables, never go below the minimum pressure indicated on the product data sheets for the tyre.